måndag 7 september 2015

#34






Very early I learned to know Anders Zorn

Every evening, just before sleep, I was studying  a picture
painted by him. Djos Mats was the title of the painting.
Djos Mats, a shoemaker, sitting at his desk, glasses and 
hat on. Leaning over his workbench.
I gazed at the picture. hanging over the sofa, and 
I was so amazed over how it was done ... small dots
of color, just on the tip of the glasses, a stroke of 
cadmium on the ear .... wonderful.
I tried to find out what 
made the light in the shoemakers eyes so vibrant..  
I wondered and wondered and then 
I fell asleep. 
Many times have I been to Mora and the Museum.
And I am still astonished when I see the pictures shown there. 
He was a marvellous artist.
I made this picture for an article about Mora
and Zorn. Published in GP.
Years ago.  




Inga kommentarer: